Monday, August 3, 2009

Family Picnic

Sunday my Dad's side of the family had a picnic, in honor of my Uncle Butch, who is shipping out to Afghanistan in a couple weeks. Uncle Butch has been in the service or the reserves for 32 years, and he served in Desert Storm as well as the Iraq conflict. He is a mechanic, not a fighter, and we all hope he will be ok and come back safely in 9 or 10 months and retire! He is in the back in this picture on the far left. Next is my dad's youngest sibling, Lorraine (who is not much older than I am), then Carol, Coleen, Janet, my Dad, and his brother Jim. My dad is the oldest of 8 kids, though my Uncle Bob died a few years ago so now there are 7.

A couple of aunts cooking on the front porch. The food was great!

My dad brought his Corvette to the picnic, which made him very happy, though my mom, not so much. This was my Uncle Bob's car, so it is very special to my dad.

My kids found a comfy seat out of the broiling sun. I got a nice raccoon sunburn around my sunglasses, but I had a good time and was glad to see the family.

1 comment:

akawest said...

I hope the time flies, and your uncle can be home to retire. It looks like a wonderful get together.