Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Birthday

Once every summer near my birthday Grandma and Grandpa have a big clam picnic, and the whole family comes. Foo and a couple nieces who also had to work missed out, but Foo has never been a big fan of clams, so she was not too sad. :) My brother brought along his brand new puppy, a chocolate lab.
Monday was my actual birthday, and my girls always spoil their mama on her birthday. I came home from work, and my house was CLEAN all over! Manda was making dinner, Fooey was all smiles and hugs, and Steph and Simon arrived with ice cream cake! We had a wonderful dinner - Manda made a cheese/egg/turkey burger casserole and smashed potatoes - Mmmm!

Foo and Manda made me beautiful cards and gave me some great dvds, and Steph and Simon got me a toaster oven! I have been wanting one and had it on my Amazon wish list. Yay!
After dinner we played Yahtzee and caught up with Steph and Simo. They are settling on their new house this week and we will be helping to paint and get them moved in. Manda is going back to school on Saturday to begin her RA training and start band camp. I am already sad about it, but keep telling myself it's senior year and then she can come back and live with her mom forever! (But probably not...)
Below is me on my 44th Birthday. I really hate having my picture taken, but my girls give me a hard time about that and I suppose I should stop being so vain and accept that this is what I look like. (It's not improving any, that is for sure!)

1 comment:

akawest said...

Happy belated birthday.It looks like your family does birthdays in a fun way.House cleaning is always a treat. You look pretty in your picture. I don't like having my picture taken, either. At 46, I don't feel like I am improving, just aging. LOL